Saturday, April 20, 2013

Brightening Concealer Review: Maybelline DreamLumi

Happy Saturday, lovelies!

As the beginning of the new week is just around the corner, I thought I'd share with you my new under eye concealer purchase! Maybelline DreamLumi Highlighting Concealer. For a girl on the go who has nights of little sleep and hectic days, I have been on the hunt for the perfect under eye concealer to hide those dark circles and tired eyes. In the past I have tried a few MAC products along with a few drug store finds (Revlon, CG), and finally decided to give in and buy the DreamLumi that I have been eyeing for quite some time now.

My thoughts?

Upon first opening the product, takes a good 15 twists to get any of the product out (I definitely thought I was doing something wrong...). Putting a few strokes under my eye in an inverted triangle fashion, I found that this gel-based concealer was a bit sticky and dried rather quickly. Taking my ring finger, I dabbed it to blend, and then finished off with some powder to set the concealer and prevent it from settling throughout the day. My overall verdict on this product is that, although the product is rather sticky to the touch after application, it is one amazing under eye highlighter! The clickable dispenser and brush are a convenient way to apply the right amount of product exactly where you want to blend the concealer. It really brightens up the under eye area and is a thick enough concealer to really hide those dark circles.

Would I repurchase?
YES!
Maybelline DreamLumi shown in the top left. Top right shows the convenient clicker. Bottom right shows how smooth the DreamLumi blends into the skin and does not settle in creases.

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think I should blog about next week!

xoxo
GirlontheGo

No comments:

Post a Comment