Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nail Polish Alert!!! Summer to Fall 2013 Trend!

Hey guys!

I have a quick post for you guys about a NEW FALL TREND ALERT!

I absolutely love keeping up with trends and seeing what has been on the models for the upcoming seasons. For this Fall 2013, Gossip Girl inspired nudes, burgandy, and pearly/shimmery tones have been seen all over on the runways. People are loving colors that can transition between Summer into Fall!

Essie's Ballet Slippers
That being said, I finally gave in and purchased Essie's Ballet Slippers nail polish. I think this is an amazing color to transition both from Summer all through Fall. The versatility of this polish is my favorite part. With one coat, this polish can easily serve as your top coat for a French Manicure, as it is not very opaque. With 2 coats, it gives a pretty satin effect. You could easily stop here, but if you are looking for a truly pearly look (which is what I went for in the image to the right), I would suggest adding a 3rd coat and then a top coat. Some people find that 3 coats of nail polish is outrageous, but for the fact that I can get 3 different uses out of this one nail polish, I love it!!! Not to mention, this color has been EXACTLY what I have been looking for.

Essie's Ballet Slippers do have a little nude/tan undertone to them. If you are looking for more of a pink undertone, I would suggest OPI's Second Honeymoon. I have found that Ballet Slippers is the most versatile for many skin tones so that is my top suggestion for you! If you decide to try this color out, please send me your photos and I would LOVE to share them with everyone else reading this blog :)

Last quick update...I know I had mentioned I was beginning my own YouTube channel, but a few things came up and though it IS going to still happen, there will be a delay. Being a perfectionist is kind of a pain since I end up being my own worst critic, so I apologize for taking so long!

xoxo,
GirlontheGo

No comments:

Post a Comment