Sunday, May 5, 2013

Simple mani & L'oreal Spring nail polish review (◡‿◡✿)

Happy Sunday everyone!

A new week is upon us, and I thought I'd give you a quick and easy idea for a manicure that uses a color I have been in love with from the new L'oreal Spring nail polish collection. It is the Violet Vixen #500. It is a cross between plum and pink and it is beautiful on the nails. You can easily get away with one single coat if you want more of a pinkish plum, but add a second coat and get a deep plum (as I did in the pictures shown). My favorite thing about the new L'oreal colors is that they are very rich and glide on pretty smooth. My main problem with this nail polish is that it is almost too thick of a polish. Though I cannot make any conclusions yet on this product, I feel like since the consistency is so thick, it will likely get even thicker pretty soon and I won't be able to use it without it gettin' a little too messy for my taste :/ My other complaint is that the bottle cap is way too frickin' tight. I have never had problems opening OPI, Chine Glaze, Esse or Zoya (which are my favorite nail polish brands), but this one needs some major man muscles for me to be able to use. Rather frustrating!

To finish off my manicure, I went ahead and added a rhinestone to my thumb and middle finger for an added touch and I painted my ring fingers with Orly's Tiara. If you are looking for a glitter nail polish that is going to pack on glitter all over your nail with high shine and sparkle, try out this nail polish! I guarantee it will not disappoint! I finished off all the nails with my FAVORITE top coat, Seche Vite. If you want rhinestones to stay on your nails, I HIGHLY recommend a top coat around and over the rhinestone, otherwise it will flake off.

I have several ideas for upcoming blogs with how-to picture tutorials, so check back this week lovelies! I hope you are having a beautiful weekend and an even better week :)

xoxo,
GirlontheGo

No comments:

Post a Comment