Saturday, May 11, 2013

Q&A: Why use a moisturizing oil spray for your hair?

A lot of my friends always ask me why people use a moisturizing oil spray for their hair, when your scalp naturally produces oils? Well I have the answer for you!

As a generalized statement, most men wash their hair every day, while most women wash their hair every 2-3 days. This is perfectly normal. It is bad for your hair to wash it every day, especially for women, since we have longer hair. Oils produced by your scalp is good for hair growth. Your hair needs moisture to look healthy and grow strong. However, by the time your scalp produces oils from the time you wash your hair to before you wash it again, there is no way there is enough oil that is produced to travel to the ends of your hair (especially if you have medium to long length hair). So for all of us girls that have medium to long length hair, a moisturizing oil spray is fabulous!

How do you apply a moisturizing oil spray?

I usually apply the oil spray when my hair is damp. Apply it from below your ears down. You don't want to add the oil spray to your scalp (well you can, but I usually don't as I don't want a greasy appearance to my head). I apply to the ends of my hair and then run my fingers through it. I let the damp hair and spray dry and then comb my hair through.

Which oil spray should I use?

If you have read my blog before, you know I am a huge fan of Macadamia healing oil spray. This stuff smells good and does NOT leave your hair greasy or looking like you didn't wash it for a few days. It dries clean and you can still get that bouncy, shiny, just washed look!

How often should I use the spray?

I usually only use the spray once after I wash my hair, and my hair is still damp. This holds me over until my next wash. I also have fine hair, so I don't need the repetitive sprays. If you have thick hair, perhaps spraying again the following day will help tame frizz.

If you would like to check out my favorite hair products for this Spring, I blogged about this not long ago and you should check it out!
http://girlotg.blogspot.com/2013/05/may-2013-shower-hair-favorites.html

I hope this helped answer a few questions! Let me know if you have any questions you would like answered, and I'd be happy to blog about it :)

xoxo,
GirlontheGo

No comments:

Post a Comment