Saturday, May 11, 2013

My week in a nutshell and new purchases! ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

So I have been behind on blogging and I decided to tell whoever is reading this why! I have finals. It is a dreadful time in any person's life, and trust me, it only gets worse the higher education you pursue. So, I have pretty much been sitting in a corner of my room staring at my screen, studying away from 9am-2am every day *sigh*

With that depressing thought being said, I decided to purchase a few things to make my week better (cause what girl hasn't resorted to retail therapy at some point).

First, I purchased the fairly new Esse Penny Talk nail polish. It's from the line of nail polishes that has the metallic/chrome effect. They are beautiful! The only thing I want to add about this polish is that if you do not add a top coat, IT WILL CHIP. Almost instantly. It requires top coat. Also, it almost looks like a matte nail polish with a chrome effect. So, if you think the top coat will make it shiny, it really doesn't add that effect. But, it is beautiful nonetheless!

The second purchase is two of the Maybelline Baby Lips tinted moisturizer. Aaaand, oh.my.gosh, these are fantastic!! These are limited edition, so if you are reading this when it is posted, go purchase some! The colored ones are my favorite. I purchased Coral Crush and Pink Punch.
I know there is a mint scented, as well as a few others, that are not tinted, but I feel it defeats the purpose of why I love these lip products. the color they give is beautiful. It glides on creamy and really moisturizes your lips. After I wore mine for a few days, I had people asking what I am wearing, and were surprised to find out it was a moisturizer by Maybelline!



I finally gave in and purchased the Tarte Amazonian Clay 24 hour Blush. If you are looking for that classic "blush" color, I have found it! Tarte's Flush is absolutely beautiful. It is the perfect vintage rose color. It looks classic! The best thing about Tarte? It lasts ALL day and just a tap in the blush will be more than enough blush per cheek. Yes, it is a bit expensive, but it will last you a long time!


I also got a piece of jewelry at American Eagle (I hardly ever purchase things there besides jewelry). I love the jewelry at American Eagle because it is the perfect blend between simple with a few stylish touches. I purchased a
necklace with some neon pink strands intertwined with silver. Neon is VERY much in this Spring, so don't be afraid to go bold!


Hope you all are having a much less stressful week than yours truly. Take care lovelies!

xoxo,
GirlontheGo


No comments:

Post a Comment