Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 2013 Shower & Hair Favorites! ☀

I don't know about you, but showering is the one time I can truly relax and be at peace from my crazy day! Aaaand, what better way to unwind than using some amazing shower products that will be calming, smoothen your skin and make your hair soft and shiny! Today's blog will be my top picks for shower products for this Spring ❤

Let's start off with a great scrub that I've been loving this season. It is the Loofah exfoliating oatmeal and honey scrub. This stuff isn't the best smelling (smells a little too honey-like for my taste), but I love it since it is not too abrasive and does not leave a residue like a lot of the new sugar scrubs do. I try to exfoliate once or twice a week for a smooth and soft feeling after scrubbing off those dead skin cells!

I have been trying out another scrub. It is the Paris Amore Golden Sugar Scrub from Bath and Body Works. This stuff is AMAZING smelling. However, the downside is that it leaves a greasy residue. Clearly it has a bit too much vitamin E action going on. I use this scrub at nighttime, and though it leaves a residue, when I wake up, my skin is ridiculously soft and hydrated. Not my favorite product, and I probably wouldn't repurchase it, but perhaps it'll strike the fancy of a few of you out there.

This season, I have been loving the Paul Mitchell Shampoo and Conditioner with Awapuhee. This shampoo/conditioner have been perfect for adding volume to my hair without drying out my scalp and ends! I personally like to combine the awapuhee shampoo with a strengthening conditioner. And may I just add, this stuff smells amazing!!

A new product that I must RAVE about is the Macadamia oil spray. This stuff is AHHHmazing! It makes my hair soft and silky and doesn't make it oily. It is made of all natural products so I know I am not just adding a ton of chemicals to my hair. I usually add a few spritz of this to the ends of my hair to prevent dryness and split ends, and also to prevent brittle hair that is prone to breakage. It smells amazing and a little goes a long way with this stuff, so even though it is expensive, it is worth the buy!! I plan on purchasing a few more products by Macadamia and will be doing a product review in the near future.

Lastly, I wanted to tell you guys about my favorite body wash this season. It is the Enchanted Forest Bodycology wash. This stuff smells insanely good and is a foaming body wash! I love that it lathers up and isn't greasy, but adds enough moisture to not dry out my skin. I do believe this is a brand new scent from Bodycology, so I'd suggest giving this a try!

A nail tutorial is soon to come lovelies, so check back in the next few days and please subscribe!

xoxo,
GirlontheGo

No comments:

Post a Comment