Friday, June 14, 2013

Hearts & Sparkle Nail Tutorial❤❤❤

Happy Friday lovelies! Today I am walking you through a very easy manicure. This mani is perfect for almost any time of the year! Red, black and white are classy and yet bold colors to wear. You can essentially substitute this look with any color you are loving right now! 


Now before I dive into the tutorial, I just wanted to give you all a heads up that I am in the works of trying to set up my own youtube channel with all my beauty tips and tutorials! I will be sure to post links and updates when the time comes :)

STEP 1: The basic polish step!

To start off, paint your thumb, pointer finger and pinky finger a solid shade of whatever color you are loving right now. I stuck with the bold, red/black/white with sparkle look. The red is my absolute favorite shade of red by OPI. It is Cajun Shrimp. I have talked about this shade multiple times, and if you do not own it, it is definitely a staple color! Next, I painted my ring finger an accent nail. I began by adding a base of Essie imported champagne. I then added a glitter polish over it. I used OPI Halo, which I have been absolutely obsessed with the past week since I purchased it ;) Last, I painted my middle finger an opaque white. I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in the shade White On.

Step 2: Add some design time!

In this step, we add a little fun to the nail! I used my Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear black polish. Any black polish will do. Using my dotting tool, I simply added to dots using the largest of the dotting ends I had, and then used a smaller dotting end to connect the two dots towards the tip of the heart. If you want to see a step by step visual tutorial on creating hearts on your nails using dotting tools, please click the following link to my Heart Mani Tutorial: http://girlotg.blogspot.com/2013/04/happy-monday-i-was-originally-going-to.html

Step 3: Rhinestones!

If you have a few rhinstones on hand, I would add a little rhinestone at the center of the heart. It adds a pretty and professional touch :) In place of the heart, feel free to add some polka dots, a chevron nail look, or even taking you nail polish of choice and adding a stripe down the middle or just creating a nail tip on the middle finger would add a special touch. The look of this manicure is to tie in all your nails with a color trend, but keep the middle two nails unique from the other 3. This is trending currently and I encourage you all to put your own spin on this look and have some fun with it! As always, don't forget to add a top coat to add some shine and make your mani last! As always, I used my favorite Seche Vite. Give it a try! You will fall in love with it :)

Send me pictures of your creations and I would love to feature them in my blog! Take care and check back for summer purchases/must haves (haven't quite thought of a title yet). It will feature a lot of my purchases I recently got this past Spring break and have been loving and using through the hot weather days :)

xoxo,
GirlontheGo





No comments:

Post a Comment