Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Battle of the Beauty Boxes: Birchbox vs. Ipsy GlamBag!

Happy Tuesday! Today I will finally be concluding my analysis of which beauty box I think is worth the $10/month and gives it's subscribers the most for their subscription. Before I get started into the blog, I am sure there are more than a handful of readers that want the clear cut answer. And here is mine...
The winner (in my opinion) of the battle of the beauty boxes issssss:

IPSY GLAM BAG!

If you never got around to the review of Birchbox and want to see what I got in my Birchbox last month, please click HERE! If you want to see what Ipsy Glam Bag is all about, I'm going to say you should definitely continue the read :)

Now let's see why Ipsy Glam Bag won the battle :) Here are my top 5 reasons why I would choose an Ipsy subscription over a Birchbox one:

Reason #1 FULL SIZE PRODUCTS

Birchbox gives small samples. Of course there are the occasional full size bottles, but with Ipsy, you are almost always given a full size product. Let's be honest, if you want to buy a product, you need to be able to use it for a few weeks to decide whether it's right for you. A full size bottle comes in pretty handy, and for $10/month, this is a no brainer!

Reason #2 YOU GET A MAKEUP BAG WITH EVERY SHIPMENT

Though I do love that my Birchbox comes with my products all wrapped up in tissue paper and very pretty, I much rather have a cute makeup bag with all my products inside of it. It is much more practical since I can use the makeup bags :)

Reason #3 COLORS OF PRODUCTS ARE BETTER CUSTOMIZED TO MY SKIN TONES

Do not get me wrong. Birchbox customizes their products as well, but I have found that every single product in my Ipsy Glam Bag was perfectly fit to my skin tone, eye color and hair texture. It is as though I personally hand picked the products to try out!

Reason #4 GLAM BAG PRODUCTS ARE HAND PICKED BY SOME OF MY FAVORITE YOUTUBE GURUS!

There's just something exciting knowing that some of my favorite youtubers are picking the products that are mailed out to me :)

Reason #5 IPSY IS MORE MAKEUP/HAIR ORIENTED

In my first impressions post about Birchbox, I received a face mask, a tiny perfume tester I would receive for free at the mall and 3 sample tea bags. That post was written for a reason: first impressions. That box, whether indicative of a usual monthly Birchbox or not, did not live up to my first Ipsy glam bag experience. I think this is the perfect time to transition into what I received in my Ipsy glam bag this month: June 2013!

MY IPSY GLAM BAG JUNE 2013

The swatches above from top to bottom:
Chella Highlighter pencil in Ivory Lace
Starlooks Lip Liner in Tickle me Pink
Cailyn Gel Liner in Purple
NYX blush in Rose Petal
J.Cat Body Glitter is not pictured

xoxo,
GirlontheGo

More info about Ipsy Glam Bag: http://www.ipsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment